Even though Halloween was technically yesterday, I’m sure many of you will be taking advantage of this sinful holiday to dress up in a ridiculous outfit and party hard this weekend. And if you aren’t, you should be.
It is for this reason that I’d like to give you some last-minute inspiration for a costume. Even if you don’t have a party to go to, just wear something ludicrous to your local pub – everyone will be super jealous. And ladies – try to keep it decent will you?
- White trash. Wear all white and safety pin some empty cans and bits of newspaper to yourself. (If you are female, you can go as the same thing by blacking out one eye and pretend to be pregnant by stuffing a hooded sweatshirt up your top.)
- Animal. To do this with minimal effort, find yourself some bunny or cat ears and wear all black/white. Easy.
- Satan. Devil horns and a sinister expression will suffice.
- Witch. Pointy hat.
- Fairy. Wings. Too easy.
- Buy a costume from a party store. Effort equals AU$20-50.
- DIY. Any costume that you are sewing together or making out of cardboard will require a little more than the usual effort, but what you lose in time you save in money. Use a large cardboard box and you’ve got classics such as: Robot, washing machine, or man-in-tub with rubber ducky.
- Banana/egg/other random fruit or food item. These are certainly hard costumes to pull off, but you will be the talk of the town if you can even move in it.
- Elephant (or any other complicated animal with 4 or more legs). Build an elephant frame out of chicken wire and papier mache (including a complicated trunk piece) and cover it in leathery, grey material. Then recruit a friend who wants to be an elephant’s ass for Halloween. (I said it wasn’t going to be easy.)